Architectural Designer, Raleigh, NC
JDavis connects communities through design by creating places that bring people, neighborhoods, cities and regions together. It is our mission to build value and pass it on. Our multi-disciplinary practice brings together professionals in architecture, landscape architecture, planning, interior design and procurement management serving the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions.
We are presently searching for an Architectural Designer in our Raleigh office.
Architecture professional on the path to licensure with three or more years of experience. This position is responsible for specific technical design aspects of an assigned project, including investigation, evaluation and recommendation of design solutions. Provides professional architectural consultation in the planning, design and coordination of large projects. Independently makes decisions on significant architectural design problems and methods.
Requirements & General Skills
- Work with the JDavis team and consultants to prepare construction documents that accurately interpret the intended design.
- Produce high-level graphic presentations.
- Develop solutions to technical and design problems.
- Performs product research; assists project designers and project architects with material selection and system research.
- Involved in the construction administration phase.
- Assist in managing client expectations and maintaining a commitment to design excellence.
- Ability to Design and solve problems.
- Basic hand drawing and physical model building skills.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD and Sketch Up.
- Experience with MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign graphic software.
- Ability to understand how buildings are constructed and to create construction documents.
- Strong communication and relationship-management skills.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
JDavis offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team including:
- Medical and Dental plans
- Paid vacation, personal days, sick days and holidays
- A 401K plan
- Leadership opportunities and a structured leadership path
Qualified candidates should email resume to moc.s1566552440tceti1566552440hcras1566552440ivadj1566552440@rh1566552440
JDavis is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.