Interior Designer, Raleigh, NC
JDavis connects communities through design by creating places that bring people, neighborhoods, cities and regions together. It is our mission to build value and pass it on. Our multi-disciplinary practice brings together professionals in architecture, landscape architecture, planning, interior design and procurement management serving the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions.
We are presently searching for an Interior Designer for our Raleigh office.
The Interior Designer develops plans and designs for the interior of residential or commercial buildings based on the needs of the client. Creates functional and aesthetic designs that help increase productivity and sales, attracts customers and enhances the interior environment in the areas we live, work, play and heal. Responsible for planning the use and layout of interior spaces and designing with form, finishes, furniture, fixtures, etc. Assists in development of design ideas, drawings, presentations, and cost estimates and integrates design work and through the construction process with associated trades and design professionals.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide design services as a project team member in various phases of a project, including: Project analysis and schematic and design development through construction documents and construction administration
- Generate interior design concepts and design finalization
- Generate and present concepts, interior finish drawings, furniture drawings and presentation boards
- Generate and assist in development of design, construction documents and material specifications
- Prepare design and detail for millwork and specialty items
- Create furniture layouts and selections for each project
- Communicate with product representatives to attain samples and new materials
- Assist with the installation and detailing on-site of FF&E items
- Support business development activities by assisting the design lead on creation of interior finish boards, presentations and be an active participant with client engagement
- Conduct site surveys and field reports
- Provide mentorship and development to junior interior design staff
- Communication proficiency
- Problem solving / analysis
- Technical capacity
- Collaborative skills
- Organizational skills
- Presentation skills
- Time management
- Client focus
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design (CIDA Accreditation preferred) or related field
- 5 or more years of experience with multifamily or hospitality projects
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit required
- Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop and Sketch-Up preferred
- NCIDQ certification or in process of examination preferred
Qualified candidates should email resume to moc.s1560871708tceti1560871708hcras1560871708ivadj1560871708@rh1560871708
JDavis is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.