Project Architect, Philadelphia, PA
JDavis connects communities through design by creating places that bring people, neighborhoods, cities and regions together. It is our mission to build value and pass it on. Our multi-disciplinary practice brings together professionals in architecture, landscape architecture, planning, interior design and procurement management serving the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions.
We are presently searching for a Project Architect in our Philadelphia office.
Requirements & General Skills
- Directs project team to develop building design and design implementation.
- Oversee internal and project coordination/communication; including oversight of structural,
MEP, landscape, civil and other consultants.
- Directs JDavis team and consultants to ensure that construction documents accurately
interpret the intended design.
- Responsible for complex technical and design issues with the team to produce technically
sound and constructible solutions.
- Plans and develops the production of drawings and specifications.
- Works directly with local jurisdiction and permitting official during permitting and construction.
- Oversees construction administration; construction observation, contractor communication,
coordinate with consultants, and administer the construction contracts.
- Licensed Architect
- 10 or more years of related experience
- Experienced in Revit, AutoCAD, and Sketch-up
- Full Knowledge of building codes, standards, and building systems
- Thorough understanding of how buildings are constructed and to create construction documents
that succinctly describe the work to be done
- Ability to handle difficult situations with tact, grace, and style
- A desire to mentor junior staff
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
Portfolio of relevant work and references required
JDavis offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team including:
- Medical and Dental plans
- Paid vacation, personal days, sick days and holidays
- A 401K plan
- Leadership opportunities and a structured leadership path
Qualified candidates should email resume to moc.s1558820879tceti1558820879hcras1558820879ivadj1558820879@rh1558820879
JDavis is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.