JDavis is looking for a Project Architect to join our team.
The Project Architect is responsible for working with the Project Manager on project plans, schedules, and staffing on a variety of projects. They will exercise judgment in design, building systems, documentation, and construction. Project Architects are required to be licensed.
- Working with the project team to develop building design and design implementation
- Managing team and project coordination/communication; including coordination/communication with structural, MEP, landscape, civil and other consultants
- Collaborating with the JDavis team and clients to ensure that construction documents accurately interpret the intended design
- Resolving complex technical and design issues with the team to produce technically sound and feasible solutions
- Creating construction documents that succinctly describe the scope of work
- Ensuring compliance with local jurisdiction and permitting official during permitting and construction
- Participating in construction administration; construction observation, contractor communication
- Coordinating with consultants and administer construction contract
- Licensed Architect
- 6 to 8 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards and building systems
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD and Sketch-up
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Desire to mentor junior staff
Portfolio of relevant work and references required
JDavis offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team including:
- Medical and Dental plans
- Paid vacation, personal days, sick days and holidays
- A 401K plan
- Leadership opportunities and a structured leadership path
JDavis connects communities through design by creating places that bring people, neighborhoods, cities and regions together. It is our mission to build value and pass it on. Our multi-disciplinary practice brings together professionals in architecture, landscape architecture, planning, interior design and procurement management serving the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions.
JDavis is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.