Project Architect, Raleigh, NC or Philadelphia, PA
JDavis connects communities through design by creating places that bring people, neighborhoods, cities and regions together. It is our mission to build value and pass it on. Our multi-disciplinary practice brings together professionals in architecture, landscape architecture, planning, interior design and procurement management serving the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions.
We are presently searching for a Project Architect in our Philadelphia office.
Requirements & General Skills
- Works with the project team to develop building design and design implementation
- Manage team and project coordination/communication; including coordination/communication with structural, MEP, landscape, civil and other consultants
- Work with the JDavis team and consultants to ensure that construction documents accurately interpret the intended design
- Resolve complex technical and design issues with the team to produce technically sound and constructible solutions
- Direct production of drawings and specifications
- Work with local jurisdiction and permitting official during permitting and construction
- Direct construction administration; construction observation, contractor communication, coordinate with consultants, and administer construction contract
- Licensed Architect
- 6 to 8 years of related experience
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD and Sketch-up
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards and building systems
- Ability to understand how buildings are constructed and to create construction documents that succinctly describe the work to be done
- Strong communication and relationship-management skills
- Desire to mentor junior staff
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
Portfolio of relevant work and references required
JDavis offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team including:
- Medical and Dental plans
- Paid vacation, personal days, sick days and holidays
- A 401K plan
- Leadership opportunities and a structured leadership path
Qualified candidates should email resume to moc.s1550628094tceti1550628094hcras1550628094ivadj1550628094@rh1550628094
JDavis is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.